Today’s KIOS (Kickin’ It Old Skool) prompt is sharing color memes. Here are mine:
[ RED ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of red? Rubies
- Closest red thing to you? Christmas decorations
- What is the last thing that made you angry? Discrimination of any kind makes my blood boil and makes me want to be an activist.
- Are you a fan of romance? Not unless there’s a back story
- Do you have a temper? I can have, but it doesn’t last long and I’m not one to lash out…I take time to consider and understand.
[ GREEN ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of green? Leaves and it’s my favorite color
- Closest green thing to you? The cover of a sketch book I’m going to start soon.
- What’s your favourite green environment? Going for a walk in the woods around here.
- Are you jealous of anyone right now? I try not to be jealous
- Are you a lucky person? I wish I was, sigh…
[ PURPLE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Oh! no! a Purple dinosaur!
- Closest purple thing to you? A pen…I love to write with different colored ink.
- Do you like being treated like royalty? A bit but I think it would be hard to be the focus too…I
- Do you like mysterious things? I love to read mysteries, but I don’t like mysterious people–I like to know and trust people.
- Are you intuitive? Yes, I believe I am very intuitive…I wished I paid more attention to my intuition for myself.
[ BLUE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of blue? The sky, the brilliant blue ocean.
- Closest blue thing to you? Unfortunately some really ugly sailboat wallpaper that I need to take down soon–at my mom’s…
- Are you good at calming people down? As long as I’m not freaked out too. But I think I am…one of my friends calls me the Senator because I am the”sober, second thought” (which apparently is why the Senate was created–because our PM at the time would get drunk and make decisions with his cabinet)…I help her see the other side of things when she is upset.
- What’s your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? Whichever one I’m closest too. I love being near water and could not imagine not being close to it. I’ve been lucky enough to live on the Atlantic Ocean for a while and where I live now, I’m two houses down from the lake in town.
- What was the last thing that made you cry? Oh, the accident that caused my leg injury. I fell through broken boards on a deck and got my lower leg crushed between two boards. The pain made me cry, but it was the paramedics having to carry me and having to ride in an ambulance–the first time ever–and I hate having other people do for me…
- Are you a logical thinker? I can certainly be a very logical thinker but I am also very much led by my heart…it depends on the situation…I wish I could use both at the same time.
[ YELLOW ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? The sun, flowers.
- Closest yellow thing to you? The front cover of a calendar – 2014 Driving Manitoba–beautiful roads in Manitoba.
- What was one of the happiest times of your life? Christmas as a child, surrounded by friends and family. And presents…yes presents!
- What’s your favourite holiday? Christmas for sure, always has been. Good cheer, family, bright colors…
- What makes you happy? Spending time talking with friends and family.
[ PINK ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of pink? Pepto Bismal…don’t know why???
- Closest pink thing to you? The pj’s I’m wearing right now…they’re dark pink but still pink.
- What sweet things do you like? ummm…well, my favorite is peanut butter and chocolate mixed together but a really great dark chocolate truffle is wonderful too!
- Are you sensitive? Yes, very much so! Too much stimulation (visual, auditory, etc.) can really take it out of me.
- What is your favourite flower? Ice pink peonies have been my favorite flower for as long as I can remember.
- Does you have a crush on someone? I “does” have a crush, for a long, long time–but just because he’s the type of man I’d love to have a relationship with perfect in every way (LOL!)
[ ORANGE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of orange? Oranges, mmmmmmm
- Closest orange thing to you? My daytimer–a bright orange. And my laptop is a rusty orange.
- Do you dress up for Halloween? Sometimes, depends on my mood. I’m not huge into Halloween.
- What gives you the warm fuzzies? OMG, cute, cuddly kittens or puppies…swoon…
- What would your superpower be? A superfast house cleaner. It has to be done but it takes time from other things I’d rather be doing.
[ BROWN ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of brown? Trees
- Closest brown thing to you? The wood doors and floors in the room.
- What is your favourite type of chocolate? Dark chocolate
- What makes you feel grounded? Being in nature is the best feeling
- Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel? Mostly it would be natural wood, but I love the look of some painted furniture.
[ WHITE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of white? Clouds
- Closest white thing to you? All the snow on the ground outside??
- Do you always try to keep the peace? Not any longer. I can accept that people aren’t always going to like what I have to say or believe the same things as me…and that’s really very okay.
- Do you like to play in the snow? Yes, making snow angels is a great feeling…and throwing snowballs for my dog to catch! oh! And sledding and snowmobile riding/driving.
- Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? Not the doctor, but I still don’t like the dentist much…
[ BLACK ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of black? Night
- Closest black thing to you? The remote for my tv.
- Are you sophisticated or silly? Somewhere in-between, sometimes one or the other.
- Do you have a lot of secrets? No, I’m pretty much “what you see is what you get”.
- What’s the new black? I love brown still, but I think anything goes