Today at Kickin’ It Old Skool we are sharing our first blog and post.
Hmmm….where is that password again…it’s been a couple of years since I used that blog at blogger.com…
Oh ya…Okay, heeeerrrreeee’ssss Ceanne’s Best Life blog and the first post…
Friday, May 22, 2009
I didn’t think I’d start by writing about my past as I don’t really spend too much time looking backwards any longer, but I read that you need to know where you are to know where you’re going, so…
A week ago, a Practitioner at my church had me do some homework as I had asked for a Spiritual Mind Treatment for “easy sleep that rejuvenates me” and “motivation to move my body more”.
- My house – Keeping it clean, organized, keeping things in good working order, get rid of “tolerations” (definition below), garden, etc.
- My “Babies” – My pets. I have a dog and 2 cats that need love, food, attention. And the dog needs to be walked regularly.
- Crafts/Creativity – I love creating things through crochet, knitting, coloring, beading, etc., etc. Just LOVE making things with my own two hands.
- Work – Being organized, enjoying what I do, getting good sleep so can be most effective and clear thinking, being on time.
- Reading – I LOVE to read. My spiritual practice, fiction, personal growth/health, etc.
- Friends and Family – Talking with them (spending time with them), Facebook, church, etc.
- Spiritual Practice – Prayer, church, reading, classes, etc.
- My health – Physical movement, nutrition, sleep, reading/learning, etc.
- My volunteer work – Leadership committee, church, library, work activities/committee involvement.
- Love – Finding love with a man. The following phrase is something I heard a woman describe her relationship with her husband as–and I loved it, so am copying it. “Holy, juicy, monogamous, loving” and I add friendly. I want someone to look at me with passion and love again–it’s been a long time and I miss it.
* Tolerations are those things you often let slide but every time you see/hear them you say “I should do something with that.” eg. a leaking tap, ugly carpeting that will be expensive to change, strange noise coming from your fridge, etc.
I’m going to end now because I’ve already wrote more than I originally thought I would and I’m using my Eee which has an amazingly small keyboard that I’m “tolerating” typing on.
TTFN Ceanne April 17, 2009
Hmmm…not much has changed, but here’s what has:
- I’m older 🙂
I no longer belong to the spiritual community I did then as there was what I considered to be a lack of moral leadership.
- I no longer type on an Eee (I forgot I even had that thing–a very mini laptop)
- I had to curtail my volunteering a couple of years ago when I had an emotional setback. I am looking for a place that I can be of service and will “fill my cup” as well, but with moving recently and leg injury it’s been put off.
- I used to be involved in a lot more things on my blog. Part of it was the changeover to WordPress, which I am very happy with except that I do have troubles with buttons on it and then also I didn’t want it to be a “busy” as my blogger blog.
- For some reason, I thought I had started a blog earlier than 2009…but can’t find it.
What did your first blog look like?