This blog is just a record of my personal journey on the path of my life. I have no idea where I'm going or how I'm going to get there...
- abundance acceptance age authentic BE. move begin beginnings belief believing blessed blog books boundaries breakthrough breathe busy calm Cape Breton celebrate childhood clarity cleanse commitment complete consciousness creativity dance dreams driving easy energy enjoy envision faith family focus friends fun future gifts giving gratitude haven heal health home journalling joy lack leap let go life life lessons live love loving loving myself magic money nourish One Little Word peace prosperity reading rest Ruby Sacred Sunday self-acceptance self-care self-love sleep spiritual The Seeker's Guide trust trusting
Ruby, my beautiful baby girl!
Goodreads.com – Currently Reading
- May 2016 (1)
- December 2013 (11)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (1)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (5)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (8)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (16)
- December 2010 (6)
- November 2010 (11)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (16)
- July 2010 (6)
- June 2010 (6)
- May 2010 (4)
- January 2010 (2)
- September 2009 (1)
- July 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (3)
- May 2009 (2)
- #Bujo. Have been working with my own creative "agenda" since last… instagram.com/p/BTCCojWA7DMm… 3 months ago
- Check out this awesome #PositiveScribes bundle giveaway from @BohoBerry! bohoberry.com/positive-scrib… 3 months ago
- Urge the Manitoba Government to END Size & Weight Discrimination NOW #SizeismSUCKS change.org/p/urge-the-man… via @CdnChange 7 months ago
- Received a #postcrossing postcard from Germany: postcrossing.com/p/DE-5565220 9 months ago
- Writing a #postcrossing postcard to Russia on postcrossing.com 10 months ago
Tag Archives: love
This week, I feel like I need to “let go”. I have a few things that have been troubling me and I know that thinking of how they trouble me only keeps me in that frame of mind, so I need to let go of the troubling thoughts, or else turn them on their a$$ to see them in a more positive light.
One of the things I need to let go of, but struggle with letting go of, is a relationship I have with one of my brother’s. It’s just become hard to be around him. I feel judged negatively, I feel like he can’t see who I really am, and I feel mad about this. I have an idea of what may have caused this negativity from him–a family difficulty from 10 years ago and how we both dealt with my father’s passing–but I have tried to talk to him about it and he says there’s nothing to talk about. Yet…I get rolling eyes when I speak up in a conversation around him, or laughing to himself–little things that hurt me, and I wish they didn’t. I have tried distancing myself more from him but this hasn’t helped, because just about every time I’m around him there is some sign (eyes, grunt, laugh) that hurts me again. And…I’m sick of being hurt. Of course, I know that the fact that I’m hurt has to do with me and not with him. I can’t change him, I can only change me and how I react. But…it’s family…and it’s hard…as there are so few of us. So, even though I know I need to not let his actions bother me they do, and I don’t seem to know how to stop feeling hurt or angry. I’ve tried to love him, and prayed about sending love to this conflict as I know that love can heal this but again, I can only do this for myself and lately the scale of anger and hurt is heavier than the love.
I also need to let go of my thinking that I struggle with money. I know that this thinking also keeps me in that state of mind–struggling. And since that is not where I want to be, I need to flip it. Struggle means: battle, effort so the opposite of struggle would be peace, or ease. So…”I am at peace with money!” “Money is easy for me!”And, finally, I’m letting go of my hair (again). I’m getting my hair cut into a very, very short pixie tomorrow–similar to the picture at the top of this page. Right now, my hair is approx. shoulder length, but it gets in my eyes, in my face and when I look at myself in the mirror, it just feels and looks HEAVY. This happens to me quite often when I decide to grow my hair so I just cut it off again. I love, love, love my short hair but keeping it short can be expensive so I might just have to go with getting it cut with a razor by my friend. Well…we’ll see about that. Hello easy hair!!
Hope everyone’s week is the best ever!!!
Happy, happy holidays to all, however you celebrate this season of love, peace, and harmony!!
Jamie Ridler’s Wishcast Wednesday prompt this week is Where do you wish to send some love?
I’ve actually been thinking a lot about love the last few days–my ability to give it where I see it needed, and my struggle to accept it for myself or give it to myself.
I do love myself, but I know that I don’t always talk to myself in a loving manner. I also am good at seeing where people need things from me and offering, a lot of times without being asked. What I noticed is that there are very few people who do that for me. I’m not sure if it’s because I am outwardly so independent or if I have a vibe or “leave me be”. I’m sure those reasons could be part of the reason. I really do hate to ask for help–to feel helpless. But I have often had to ask for help from my family lately, especially in regards to my finances–which also makes me feel less independent. Hmmm, perhaps I’m manifesting something in order to be less independent??? Have to think about that…
But, I have digressed…I wish to send some love:
- to myself, to know that I’m on a journey of self-awareness that is leading me to be my best self–and that, right now, I’m the best me I can be. And…as I continue on my journey, I will always be in the perfect place I need to be to continue to grow.
- to my family, for always being there when I really need them.
- to the friends I have who know me well enough to offer me what they see I need–support, love, etc.
- to this great community of Wishcasters who are all on a perfect journey of their own
- to Jamie Ridler for starting this wonderful community
- to Spirit for this life journey of self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-love and to sharing awareness, acceptance, and love with others
- to…whomever needs it
Another Wishcasting Wednesday and another great wish – “What do you wish to nourish?”
Again, this is an easy wish as it seems to flow so much from last week’s wish of leaping into the full commitment of taking care of my body. So…
I wish to nourish my body with what it needs to be at it’s best–nutritious foods in the quantity it needs, solid restful sleep, fresh air, exercise, and loving it for all that it does for me.